- Much of college I’m coming to understand is a practice in redundancy. Why am I paying thousands of dollars to be taught how to use Microsoft Office, which I’ve been using since I was seven? Why am I paying thousands of dollars to take a class where we learn that in order to communicate well you have to be facing the person and include “non-verbal encouragers” like the “headwag”? Maybe if I wasn’t spending so much time on pointless classes I’d be going somewhere with my life
- I’m tired of hearing about billions of dollars being spent in everywhichway except for in the ways that it seems to me they should be spent. I understand that the economy is in the tanks, but is the fix really handing over money to the people who have already lost billions of dollars to begin with?
- Slumdog Millionaire was a really good movie. I haven’t seen any of the other moview up for Best Picture this weekend, but it definitely deserves it in my opinion. The cinematography was incredible. At first I thought, “A guy wins the Indian version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire”? Sounds dumb. But if you haven’t seen it for that reason, get over it and go see it.
- Speaking of movies, Watchmen is coming out in less than a month. I’m both excited and nervous. What I’ve seen and what I’ve read looks good, I just really hope they don’t screw it up. Because its amazing.
- Speaking of Watchmen, I need to be in the right mood to be able to listen to anything by Bob Dylan. Today I’m in that mood.
- I think we should have parenting licenses like we have driver’s licenses. So you have to be able to prove that you are capable of taking care of a child and have the mental stability to do so before you are allowed to procreate. This would drastically cut down on teenage pregnancy and avoid situations like this. Granted, I’m not advocating eugenics. Its just some people should not be allowed to procreate.
Now I need to finish this before I miss my redundancy practice.